Once your pet has that sparkling smile and no underlying medical issue, there are some simple things you can do that may help.
- Brush your pets’ teeth daily like us!. Purchase a finger toothbrush or use a human type and some pet friendly flavoured toothpaste.
- Yearly dental cleanings. Allow your veterinarian to perform annual scale and polish on your pet. This is the best way to keep their teeth and mouth healthy.
- Raw Bones – provide raw bones under supervision, check with your vet the best type to suit your pets size mouth.
- Dental treats – these are special treats that contain ingredients which help fight bacteria in the mouth
- Provide your dog with veterinary approved and safe chewy toys, appropriately sized for your dog. Chew toys are a way to help a dog care for their teeth in a natural way. The act of chewing can prevent or eliminate plaque and tartar build-up.