THE SPOOKIEST THINGS COME IN SMALL WRAPPERS!

Dogs and chocolate are a deadly combination, even a small amount of chocolate can be  very dangerous.

Cats don’t tend to be attracted to chocolate, whereas dogs don’t even unwrap the chocolate before eating it!

For dogs, chocolate contains two toxic substances — caffeine and a chemical called theobromine.

The amount eaten and the size of your dog matters!

Timing can be critical too – induced vomiting can be an option offered at your local VetLove clinic ‘early on’ before the chocolate has been digested.

Signs of Chocolate Poisoning:

Depending on the type of chocolate, the amount eaten and the size of your dog, signs of toxicity can range from mild to severe and life threatening:

  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Lethargy
  • Panting and pacing
  • Seizures
  • Death

Too many fatty treats can also lead to pancreatitis, an inflammation of the pancreas – this requires hospitalisation and supportive treatments throughout the recovery process.

Be pet safe this Halloween and keep all treats out of reach from your fluffy ones!

For all pet worries and emergencies please contact your local VetLove Clinic

Contact Your Nearest VetLove Clinic

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Our Clinics

We welcome you to our caring family and look forward to becoming part of yours.

Text
Locations

Contact Us

VetLove

Call Us:
https://www.vetlove.com.au

Address
Recent Posts
Categories